Lying in bed last night I was reminiscing times with my sister.
Right now we are in a spot of growth, treading on different paths in life. It really does break my heart as we used to be inseparable. We did NOTHING without each other. From our younger days of playing Vet with Lizards, pretending to do surgery, picking ticks off the dogs on a table in the yard, running away with our stuffed animals in our red wagon (we never made it past the sidewalk), playing like the staircase was our motor home, playing meeting and stalling on the bread and wine...until ALL the bread was eaten and ALL the grape juice was gone. To our teenage years, fighting in the car on the way to school because she had made us late, throwing fists and ugly words, driving home with the windows down and the radio up, laughing at jokes and why we had fought that morning. Shopping, Starbucks, and us, that was our typical Saturday (after we had taken care of our jobs, drawing out of a bowl to see who would clean the bathroom and who had to vacuum the living room AND the stairs, the whole time listening to Louis L'Amour dramatizations of Chic Bowdrie always finding the bad guy.)
We are now each in a different chapter. I am HAPPILY married to my best friend, my confidant. He who in a way replaced my sister. I didn't realize how she felt while I was dating and I didn't realize I was putting her on the back burner. While it is ALL part of life, ALL part of growing into who we are, I am sorry Jennifer.I now understand how you felt! I am SO SO happy for you and for your love :) You guys are perfect for each other. You are each others missing piece. BUT I can say I miss our sister time :) I miss our days of just me and you and the road! We will find each other once again when you are married and have kids! It will be different but I am looking forward to the times I keep your kids and you keep mine, for when we can call up each other and talk about wifely duties and mommy duties! I LOVE YOU SISTER! I admire you and love who you are becoming!
No comments:
Post a Comment